Tuesday 8 May 2012

Acceptance

Formal definition: Acceptance - is a person's assent to the reality of a situation, recognizing a process or condition (often a negative or uncomfortable situation) without attempting to change it, protest, or exit. The points that stand out to me is reality, recognize, without attempting to change, so the word itself tells you that you have to go through certain steps or processes in order to fully say I have "accepted"it. I think most of us go through very difficult situations in life and most of us find it hard to understand why certain situation happened to them. No one asks for bad things to happen to them but that does not stop it from happening, it is just one of those things that are meant to help us grow as a person, to build us up and shape us more into stronger beings. You might say she does not know what she is talking about, she has never gone through something difficult and had to accept it, well that is where you are wrong. Let me tell you this, this year I started of badly with the realization that I am not graduating, I have never anticipated that and being in a group of 8 friends and realizing you are part of the 2 that are not going to walk down that stage sucks big time. You cry endlessly, you do attempts to try and change your fate, you look for loopholes basically anything to get you out of that bad situation. You wait and wait and wait till you get the same results that no its not happening, no matter how hard you tried to change it, only to go through the same shame, disappointment and hurt again. Not accepting holds you prisoner, you get filled with resentment, bitterness and you start looking for pitty parties. I can tell you one thing it doesn't get easier as things happen that not only hold you back from accepting but that also make you regret a lot of things but as time goes by you realize no matter how bad you want it to it isn't going to change. As time went by I came to the realization that I just had to accept my situation as there was surely a reason for it, I know it aint easy but acceptance gives you relief and freedom from anger and bitterness. As some would say LET GO AND LET GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment